Here I talk about the top 5:
1. New Orleans Hornets: 1 word to describe this team, undefeated. Yup you heard me, they are the only remaining team that hasn't lost. 8-0, #1 in the western conference right now and #1 in their division. To be honest it's really not surprising since Chris Paul, arguably the best point guard in the NBA is back in his All Star form and making an early buzz for MVP.
2. Miami Heat: Standing at 6-4, they suffered their very first 2 game losing streak. First one was against the Utah Jazz. That game was "on paper" theirs to take. They had 40+ FT attempts to the Jazz's 20+ but apparently Utah Jazz Paul Millsap went NBA Jam on them and finished with a career-high 46 pts. Second loss was against the green leprechauns (Boston Celtics). The recipe to beating this team? A crazy Point Guards ( Rajon Rondo / Deron Williams / Chris Paul) and forwards to compliment the crazy PG's. For sure though that we know the Miami Heat will not lose in a blow out.
3. Boston Celtics: If the Miami Heat got their "Big 3", The Boston Celtics got their "Big 4". Rajon Rondo is improving, Kevin Garnett is 100% not to mention he's still being the KG that we all love, Paul Pierce doing his thing, flopping and tackling people. Ray Allen still got the sexiest jumper in the league and an improved bench that consists of Jermaine O'Neil and Shaquille O'Neil. So I can't really doubt why they're 8-2 as of week 3. Just don't make Rondo take ridiculous clutch 3's
4. Los Angeles Lakers: Well the defending champs is 4th on Hollingers power rankings. They dropped 2 spots from last week after dropping 2 straight games. Theres not much to say besides their defense sucks these past few games. Offense may not be a problem but defensively, the defending champs are looking like the Golden State Warriors. Although, they are still the defending champs so it would be overreaction from fans to be all sensitive about this 2 straight loses.
5. Denver Nuggets: Even with the "Melo Drama" looming around, the Denver Nuggets still is a good team believe or not. Carmelo Anthony is still playing like an all star despite his uncertain future with the team. As good as they are, they got torched for 54 3rd quarter points by the Indiana Pacers who went 20-21 FG