Thursday, June 24, 2010

Orlando magic tittle-tattle.

So there have been numerous trade rumors but 2 of them caught my attention, 1 - A potential trade / swap of 2 all star players and 2 - A trade deal that could send the best PG in the league to orlando


Rumor #1



Yes it's the Vince "I died in 2001" Carter and "Agent 0" Gilbert "Injury/Issue plagued" Arenas rumor trade. So let me ask you this, which player would you prefer if this rumor were to happen? Would you rather have a Vince Carter who chokes during crunch time, a Carter who (I would think) lost his "ooomph", a Carter who isn't as reliable as he used to be or would you rather have Gilbert Arenas who was injury plagued for 2-3 seasons and when he actually got back to playing he got suspended for the rest of the season.

I'll be totally honest with you, if this WERE to happen I'd take Arenas over VC. I'm totally ignoring the fact that yes if this does happen Orlando would owe Arenas around 60mil over the next 3 years. I'm not that much of a hardcore fan to follow how much they get paid and stuff like that so I'm making my decision on whose the more reliable out of the 2.

So lets see, for one thing is that Arenas is well significantly younger than VC. From what I've seen from VC is that he just doesn't play like he used to. He used to be the type of players who would try and get to the line. The VC we see now is slow, settles for too much jumpers and well, the dynamic Vince Carter we all knew at one time has died.


On the other hand we have Gilbert Arenas, an explosive(if healthy) combo guard. The guy is basically a hybrid PG leaning more towards a scoring PG. He can pass, make shots for others, find open players. I believe he could really work well with SVG's 4 out 1 in offensive system. I'm really not going to go in depth with Gilbert since well to be honest I really haven't seen him play as much as the others but all I can say is that, given that Arenas is not injured, he can be a great compliment for Dwight Howard, lil meer, and the rest of the Orlando Magic.





Yes it's that Chris Paul rumor again, and yes apparently there was some chit chat going around the league about Otis Smith trying to make a deal with NOH to grab (arguably) the best Point Guard in the league.

Now if this happens, I might end up being one of the most happiest guy in the world despite losing Lil meer (who cares about Vince I wanted him gone anyway). What could Chris Paul bring to the Orlando Magic? A bunch of CP3 - D12 alley-oops, a championship (maybe), and just a whole lot of Chris Paul greatness. I mean we are talking about Chris Paul here! Young, Athletic, Great Defender, Great Passer, a possible future HOF (yes I called it). If you don't know who Chris Paul is, you're missing out. Here watch this highlight video of him. Chris Paul Career Highlights

Then again it's all rumor and according to VP of the Hornets Hugh Weber in this radio show (via LSUhornet17) that Chris Paul is NOT up for trade and the Hornets are building around him. I mean I wouldn't be surprised though, even with the emergence of their rookie Darren Collison (who btw is another PG who filled in for the injured CP3) you cannot just trade away your franchise player. As much as I would want him to play for Orlando this rumor is coming true is like me getting drafted as the first pick in next years draft class.

1 comment: